2 Queen Street Environmental Overview
At 2 Queen Street East, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
2 Queen Street East is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
In addition to being BOMA 360 designated, the property has implemented Brookfield Properties’ national environmental programs and actively manages its energy performance.
9% Energy Savings
That’s as much energy as 1,406,689 litres of gasoline!
19% Carbon Emissions Reduced
That’s 969 metric tonnes of CO2!
33% Waste Reduced
Not only have we reduced how much waste we produce by more than a quarter, we still diverted 76% of our waste from landfill!
- Savings are calculated as 2015 vs 2019
- Figures represent absolute data. Normalization factors such as weather & occupant density, or operational changes are not included.
Green amenities and highlights at 2 Queen Street include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Bike parking
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in Tenant spaces
- FSC Certified paper products
- Green Cleaning practices
- myB Tenant App engagement app with sustainability tips, news, and events
At Brookfield Properties, we work directly with our waste management providers, tenants, building occupants, and visitors towards a common goal of reducing the amount of waste we generate and send to landfill. By ensuring the correct items are placed in each waste bin, we can reduce the amount of contamination found in our waste streams. Since contaminated waste streams often end up as landfill, making the right bin choice is a quick way to make a positive impact on our community.
Waste Sorting Tips and Tricks
- Ensure all containers are empty before recycling
- Look for recycling numbers on the underside of jars and bottles for recycling information
- When recycling large boxes in the office, break them down so that they are flat
- Remember that recycling at work is not the same as home
- Remember that anything contaminated will go straight to the garbage dump
- When in doubt, ask your tenant services manager where your waste goes