Exchange Tower Environmental Overview
At Exchange Tower, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
Exchange Tower is certified Gold in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED® EB:OM) rating system. As part of LEED® Gold certification, the building has well-established Green Cleaning and Sustainable Purchasing Programs, and an Ecozone in the parking garage. The Ecozone features nine Electric Vehicle (EV) charging spaces for electric or hybrid vehicles. Additionally, the building offers bike parking and provides tenants with access to a bike repair and maintenance toolkit. At Exchange Tower, over 96% of building occupants use a sustainable form of transportation to travel to or from the building. The washroom plumbing fixtures at Exchange Tower are also 32% more efficient than standard fixtures.
Exchange Tower is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
- Savings are calculated between 2014 vs. 2018
- Figures represent absolute data. Normalization factors such as weather & occupant density, or operational changes are not included.
Green amenities and highlights at Exchange Tower include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually reports to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- BOMA 360 Certified
- Ecozone in parking garage with EV charging stations
- Enwave Deep Lake Water for efficient cooling
- Green Cleaning Program and FSC certified paper products
- LEED® EB:OM Gold Certified
- myBrookfield engagement app with sustainability tips, news, and events
- Solid Waste Management Program
- Over 96% of building occupants use a sustainable form of transportation to travel to or from the workplace
- Washroom plumbing fixtures are 32% more efficient than the standard
- Waste diversion rate of 89%
At Brookfield Properties, we work directly with our waste management providers, tenants, building occupants, and visitors towards a common goal of reducing the amount of waste we generate and send to landfill. By ensuring the correct items are placed in each waste bin, we can reduce the amount of contamination found in our waste streams. Since contaminated waste streams often end up as landfill, making the right bin choice is a quick way to make a positive impact on our community.
Waste Sorting Tips and Tricks
- Ensure all containers are empty before recycling
- Look for recycling numbers on the underside of jars and bottles for recycling information
- When recycling large boxes in the office, break them down so that they are flat
- Remember that recycling at work is not the same as home
- Remember that anything contaminated will go straight to the garbage dump
- When in doubt, ask your tenant services manager where your waste goes